“Ulli Vada” or “Onion Fritters” (also known as “Pyaz ke Pakode” in Northern India) is a delicious and popular teatime snack in Kerala. Hot & crispy Ulli Vada will be available in most of the roadside tea shops in Kerala. It’s super easy to cook and the ingredients required are easily available in the market. It is best when served with hot tea and chutney.
Watch the recipe video
- Onion – 3, medium sized, finely sliced
- Green chillies – 4 to 5, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Gram flour – 2 cups
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Asafoetida – A pinch
- Water – As required to make a thick batter
- Salt – As required
- Oil – For deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients except oil to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- When the oil is hot enough, add a spoonful of batter into it.
- Deep fry the vadas in a medium flame till both the sides become crisp and golden brown in color.
- Remove the vadas from oil and drain the excess oil in paper towels.
- Repeat the steps using the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with tea and chutney.
Subscribe Our Channel :
Watch more videos on :
Like us on Facebook :
Visit our website :
Follow us on Instagram :
Follow us on Twitter: