Even in a normal Kerala meal, there will be at least two dishes for rice – one with gravy and one without. The preparation where vegetables are stir fried and cook with grated coconut is called ‘Thoran’. You’ll find a numerous collection of Thoran recipes in Kerala cuisine.
Beans Thoran is one such dish which people often make at homes. French Beans are stir fried and then it is mixed with spiced grated coconut mix. Here’s the recipe:
WATCH VIDEO RECIPE:
- Green Beans – 2.5 cups or approx 250 gm , finely cut diagonally
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Green chillies – 2 or 3
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Shallots – 1/4 cup, sliced or 6 numbers
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Gently crush grated coconut, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, garlic, green chillies in a mixer. Keep it aside. (Use pulse mode)
- In a kadai, heat 2 tbsp oil and add mustard seeds. Allow it to pop.
- Add dry red chillies, shallots and curry leaves. Sauté till the shallots turns brown.
- Add the beans and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook well. Stir in between.
- Add the grated coconut mixture and mix well. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Subscribe Our Channel :
Watch more videos on :
Like us on Facebook :
Visit our website :
Follow us on Instagram :
Follow us on Twitter: