Kerala Style Beef Kurumulaku Roast or Beef Pepper Roast is a super delicious and highly recommended dish. Try making this and serve it with Appam, Idiyappam, Puttu, Porotta, Ghee Rice etc.
WATCH VIDEO RECIPE
- Beef – 1 kg
- Coconut Bits – 1/4 cup
- Ginger – 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Shallots – 1 cup, sliced (approx 100 gm)
- Onion – 1 cup, sliced (approx 3 small-sized onions or 100 gm)
- Tomato – 1, big-sized, sliced
- Green Chillies – 3
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp + 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp (You may also use regular chilli powder instead of Kashmiri Chilli Powder. Just reduce the quantity to 1/2 tbsp if using regular chilli powder.)
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Dry Red Chillies – 3 numbers
- Coconut Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Clean the beef pieces thoroughly.
- Transfer beef into a pressure cooker. To it, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic, 1 sprig curry leaves, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 cup water. Mix well.
- Pressure cook beef at high flame for 3 whistles. Lower the flame to medium and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes. Open the cooker only after the pressure settles. (In the recipe video, 4 litre pressure was used. Please note, some varieties of beef may take more time to cook. If you feel that the meat is not cooked well, pressure cook for another 4 to 5 whistles in high flame. )
- Heat 3 tbsp coconut oil in a kadai.
- Add 1/4 cup coconut bits and fry till light brown.
- To it add, 3 dry red chillies, 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic, 1 sprig curry leaves. 1 cup shallots, 1 cup sliced onions and salt. Cook till the shallots and onions are translucent and mushy.
- Add tomato and cook well till mushy.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder, 2 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp garam masala. Cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Add cooked beef and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook for another 10 minutes in medium flame.
- When the gravy starts to thicken, add 2 tsp pepper powder. You can also add 1 tsp garam masala if needed and switch off the flame.
- Beef Pepper Roast is ready. Serve with Appam, Idiyappam, Porotta, Puttu, Ghee Rice etc.
Subscribe us on YouTube
Watch more videos on :
Like us on Facebook :
Visit our website :
Follow us on Instagram :
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Pinterest: